Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16853 Discussions

Disable HDMI2.0 / LSPCON? Is there a registry option or similar which can disable HDMI 2.0? (See details for why I want to do this)

RDunk1
Beginner

I am unable to use 3D MVC with my Intel I3-8300 and C246 based motherboard with Paradetech PS175 LSPCON when plugged in to an HDMI 2.0 receiver even though the TV is HDMI 1.4. If I use an HDMI 1.4 receiver then 3D MVC works.

The thread below suggests Intel know about the issues with HDMI 2.0 and 3D and don't intend to fix it.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490TrLSAU/intel-nuci7-3d-mvc-issue

It seems the Intel driver does not look for the HDMI 2.0 extension in the EDID but instead uses something with the physical port to enable the LSPCON/HDMI 2.0 mode so this cannot be fixed with Edid manipulation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

I know as I saw on threads Intel does not assist with Registry modification, you should aks Microsoft.

As for EDID manipulation, the driver just works with what he receives, you are using a receiver, try direct connection or check further with the TV or Receiver support for EDID manipulation...