Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20776 Discussions

Display driver has stopped responding and recovered. Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows (R) stopped responding and has recovered.

CSmit24
Beginner

I frequently get this message - "Display driver has stopped responding and recovered. Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows (R) stopped responding and has recovered."

I have to close my browser and reopen it to get the driver to fully recover.

All drivers are supposedly up to date.

What can I do to fix this annoying problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, CraigSm208:

I would like to know the following.

- What is the application triggering the issue?

- Is that the only software that triggers the issue?

- What is the Intel® HD Graphics that your have (5500, 4000, 520, etc)?

- Did you upgrade to Windows 10* from a previous version of Windows?

- Is this a desktop computer or a laptop?

- Is this an OEM device? What brand and model if applicable?

I would like to get your system configuration as well:

-CPU:

-Motherboard Model:

-BIOS Version:

This is to better understand your issue and provide you with further assistance.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
AAnoo
Beginner

I also have this type of problem.

I found this error many times....soo i am very irritate this error.....screen go black for upto 3 sec and again continue display

and show this error.....please find out the solution as soon as possible......i also try all things but this error not resolved.

my graphic driver is INTEL(R) HD GRAPHICS 520

my system model no. is HP Ab516tx And operating system is Windows 10 and BIOS version is F.79. And I purchased this new in may 2016.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

I understand, have you tested the latest drivers from the manufacturer of your device?

The other drivers to be tested will be the generic drivers from Intel.

NOTE: While using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid losing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

Your OEM drivers: 10.18.15.4248 http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-ab500-Notebook-PC-series/9068229/model/9329807 HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Generic drivers from Intel: Beta: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Latest: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25948/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

I look forward to hearing from you and the outcome while using the drivers above.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

I did try boath (OEM and GENERIC) driver but I have still same error too. DELL E7450, intel HD 5500, windows 10 updated

0 Kudos