Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20728 Discussions

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)

TThia
Beginner

So I build a machine with this Celeron G1820 processor and installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it. The problem is I'm getting this error frequently and when it happens, the screen goes black and turns on in 1 second, sometimes crashing applications.

At first I suspected this was a driver problem, so I updated it to the latest version (15.36.31.4414) but nothing changed, then I proceeded to format the HDD and reinstall the OS, same thing. Then I suspected this could be a motherboard problem and I updated it, no dice. Later I decided to get return this motherboard and get another from a different model and manufacturer (Asus H81M-CS), updated it to the latest version and everything, and even changed the RAM modules, but the damn error kept happening.

I really don't know what to do, I've installed the latest drivers for everything, every Windows update, updated the BIOS, changed the mobo, changed RAMs, formatted and reinstalled the OS, but the error doesn't wants to go away. Someone please, help me.

This is a print from the Event Viewer showing the error

And this is my setup (I'm currently using this old GT210 to avoid the error)

0 Kudos
29 Replies
TThia
Beginner

Here it is

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for the information.

The case has been escalated.

Once we have further information, it will be posted in this thread.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

I would like to inform you that since the case is escalated, eventually, we will require further information from the system you have during the process.

In this case, I would appreciate if you can provide the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html graphics report of the system.

I would like also to thank you for your patience and your help.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
TThia
Beginner

Sorry, here it is.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for the information.

We will keep working on this and will post information once available.

Regards

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo .

I have sent you a PM.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MissingNo.,

I was reviewing this thread and I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos