Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Display flickers and lags

PierceBo
Beginner

I have downloaded the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and gave myself a clean installation of the most recent Intel UHD Graphics driver on my Windows 11 pc.  The flickering still persists and the screen goes black for random intervals, usually when doing tasks such as moving between tabs on a browser or closing an application.  

The 'igfx' service and the 'BasicDisplay' service in my device manager have both been having problems starting and I had hoped that reinstalling the driver would resolve the issue, but it has not.

Any further guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much,

-Pierce

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello PierceBo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Have you tried using another monitor/video cable?
  • Is the issue present while using a specific program?
  • To gather more information about the environment of your system, please, create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU).  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PierceBo
Beginner

Hello Jean,

The issue started on 8/17.  I hadn't downloaded anything that day and could not determine what caused the problem.

The monitor is on a laptop pc so I have no way to directly change a monitor/video cable.

The issue appears to occur on just about every application that isn't a pre-installed Windows app.  It doesn't occur in the device manager, control panel, or task manager, but will occur when interacting with any other program.

I have attached the SSU file you recommended.

Thank you for your time and help,

-Pierce

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello PierceBo,

Thanks for your response.

Looking at the SSU report, I noticed that your laptop has two GPUs: the Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors (IGPU) and the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (DGPU). Since the unit is running a dual graphics configuration, I recommend checking with the system manufacturer for further support since we have no information about how the graphics workload or tasks is distributed with both GPUs.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello PierceBo,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos