Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20706 Discussions

Display larger than screen size

ETree
Beginner

I've just bought a NUC PC and started setting it up as a Media PC. However, the desktop and any other screens are two wide and to high to fit in the monitor display area. The Monitor is my SAMSung TV.

The Windows 10 start icon is too far to the right so can't be clicked on, the bottom task bar only shows 50% of it's height and the recycling bin is just visible of the top left corner.

The resolution is 1920 × 1080 as set by the graphics card. The card can handle 4k according to the specs , so i'm not pushing it. 

This is the correct resolution for the tv because i already have my own Home theater PC plugged in through the HDMI2 source and the HDMI 3 source is an xbox. All these input sources are set to a resolution of 1920 × 1080 and all working fine.  I've used the intel driver utility and upgraded all drivers to the latest. There appears to be no fine adjustment on the graphics card to fix this issue. Can any one assist.  Erick
0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you Lubs that information is really useful for all of us!

ErickTreetops , I would like to dig deeper into this matter.

Would you please provide me with the SSU and graphics report from your system? With this information, I will be able to analyze some details about the configuration you have.

Additionally, the brand and model of your TV would be great to have in order to have a better overview of the scenario you have.

How can you get the SSU report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)

How to get the graphics report?

Here the steps to get it: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers

Please add both reports as attachments.

I hope we can hear from you soon to get this done

Any additional information you may find related or important for this situation, please add it to your reply.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, ErickTreetops:

I would like to check if you were able to get the reports requested in my last answer?

In case you require any further support to get those reports, please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
ETree
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

However, as i mentioned previously the NUC was a gift and now resides more than 1000 miles away with the family member for whom i bought it.

They are computer illiterate so i cannot ask them to carry out your request.

However since their TV a Hi-sense has no issues i consider the matter resolved.

regards

ErickTreetops

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, ErickTreetops :

I understand it would be tricky to get those testings done, thank you for letting me know.

It is good to know that it is working fine with the TV that this paired with as of now.

We'd be more than glad to further handle this matter, if possible, please provide us with the model of the TV to try to replicate this behavior.

I will be closing this; however, if theTV model# info is provided, I will certainly send this for review in order to fix it or find the possible source of the issue

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos