Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Display resolution options disappeared

helpme
Beginner

I had an extra monitor attached to my laptop for about 10 min and it was working fine. I tried to adjust the resolution to see if the picture could be more clear. The laptop disconnected from extra monitor and froze so I restarted. Now the option 1680x1050 is gone. The highest it will go is 1366x768, but the monitor keeps saying it needs to be 1680x1050 to work. 

How do I get the additional resolution options back?  I updated the Intel Graphics driver. I tried the Intel Graphics Control Panel. I tried installing Nvidia (not compatible). All roads lead to 1366x768 as the highest option, even though I had more options before. 

HELP?!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

Just confirming this was taken care of via your chat session with our support engineer. If you need additional assistance, please create a new post as this thread won't be monitored anymore.

Thanks,

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos