Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Display resolution

Candasklc
Beginner

Hi intel community,

I have problem to detect the correct resolution. Settings doesn't show more than 1920 x 1080.

My monitor is lc-power lc-m34-uwqhd-100-c (Maximum resolution is 3440 x 1440)

- My drivers are up to date.
- The cable is HDMI 4K.
- I have tried to uninstall the adapter and restart.

Also I attach the system information here.

Thank you in advance for your effort and answers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Candasklc, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

The Intel® HD Graphics 520 used in your Intel® Core™ i5-6200U Processor support an output of up to 4096x2304@24Hz using HDMI, or 4096x2304@24Hz using DP, check that here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88193/intel-core-i5-6200u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-2-80-ghz.html  

It may depend on the monitor, cable, or it can be a laptop limitation, you should review with your system manufacturer (OEM) to see if they have tested an external monitor with the resolution you want. So we can have more details, please provide: 

1. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

2. From the laptop to the monitor, are you using an adapter or converter? Please provide details of the connection. 

3. Were you able to reach this resolution before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Candasklc,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Candasklc,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos