Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Does Intel Arc A770 work with eGPUs?

jhdrg
Beginner

I am very interested in the Arc A770 graphics card.

If it works on EGPU, I will buy it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chi_Intel

Hello, to everyone interested in External Enclosures or Dedicated GPUs

It is possible to use the Arc cards on an enclosure, although the system should meet the minimum requirements as listed here
Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html

To confirm if the enclosure meets the requirements, they should contact the manufacturer.

Please let me know if you find this information useful or if you have any other questions.

Regards,  

Chi C 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Chi_Intel

Hello jhdrg

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ Arc communities.  

I'd like to understand better your concern. Please answer below 

• What would you define as EGPU?
  • What is the system configuration or use case desired?

We are currently working to provide Dedicated Graphics processors, there are several presentations and use cases depending of the use case or scenario.
There are mobile card versions and dedicated cards (desktop) depending on the integration you are considering.
You can actually get all the technical information about the already released cards into the Ark website  in the link below
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/227957/intel-arc-a-series-graphics.html

Here is a Youtube Video release for the ARC 770 Series. this may help you get an idea until the official release.
you also can 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-KmhAEuHXw

Also, remember that you can check the Intel Newsroom website for more information about releases and many Intel products
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/news/introducing-discrete-graphics-brand-intel-arc.html#gs.dxocwb

Please let me know if you find this information useful or if you have any other questions.

Regards,  

Chi C 

0 Kudos
aura_xe
Beginner
Hi,

I also have the same question. By eGPU, I am talking about an External GPU, like a Thunderbolt-based GPU enclosure that I can plug into a laptop so I can use a desktop-grade GPU with it over Thunderbolt. Something like the Razer Core X or the Mantiz Saturn Pro.
0 Kudos
nrosenw
Beginner

Hello,

I've actually come to ask the same question. I was interested in running the A580 in an eGPU configuration. I currently have a Dell XPS 2-in-1 with an i7-1165G7 and I have an AMD RX 580 connected through the Thunderbolt 3 interface. The driver compatibility is subpar, and I have the occasional crashes and blue screens from the lack of driver compatibility. I was hoping that Intel has eGPU compatibility in mind for the Arc dedicated GPUs, considering Intel is also the developer of the Thunderbolt hardware interface and my CPU. If so, I would love to purchase an A580 soon for my eGPU configuration. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

As long as your system meets the Arc requirements, it should be fine in an eGPU enclosure.

ReBAR still works over a Thunderbolt interface (it's PCIe based) so no issues there, other than obviously the bandwidth taking a hit.

0 Kudos
bloke
Beginner

I do not see any BIO setting to enable ReBar on my laptop. Do I need even need to enable this? My laptop was purchased in 2022 - 12th. gen i7.

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

It'll work, but you'll just have poor performance without ReBAR enabled.

0 Kudos
Chi_Intel

Hello, to everyone interested in External Enclosures or Dedicated GPUs

It is possible to use the Arc cards on an enclosure, although the system should meet the minimum requirements as listed here
Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html

To confirm if the enclosure meets the requirements, they should contact the manufacturer.

Regards,  

Chi C 

0 Kudos
bloke
Beginner

You did not answer the question. Would you mind answering the question, instead of providing a link that is not helpful.

0 Kudos
bloke
Beginner

You did not answer the question. How is this considered as solved.

0 Kudos
Chi_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards,  

Chi C 

0 Kudos
Chi_Intel

Hello

Were you able to check the previous post with the details requested?   

We've been trying to understand if the answers helped clear your concern.

Let us know if you still need further assistance.  

Please let me know if you find this information useful or have other questions.

Regards,  

Chi C 

0 Kudos
Chi_Intel

Hello

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Regards,    

Chi C   

0 Kudos