Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Does Intel HD Graphics 4400 support 2 external displays with 1920x1200 resolution via DisplayLink?

I have a "HP Pavilion x360 # 13-a103no" with a "Intel HD Graphics 4400" graphic card, and plan to buy a "Dell Universal Dock D6000" for my two external displays with resolution 1920x1200.

But since the computer is since year 2015, I wonder if it will work?

(The docking station (D6000) require that the computer support DisplayLink)

(Comment: I do not need to use the laptop screen when using the two external displays)

BR, /Jan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

It is not clear to me that this is a good choice for this older laptop - not if you plan to do anything that requires intensive graphics response. The connection would be via one of the laptop's USB 3.0 ports and this will represent a bottleneck for graphics data as you connect two monitors.

Before purchasing this dock, I would recommend checking with Dell support regarding any compatibility issues with your HP laptop.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, and thanks for your quick and honest response.

I had a short telephone conversation with Dell, and they thought it would work as long the computer has “DisplayLink” support. But was of course not sure for just my HP laptop.

Anyway, we have full money-back return possibility within 14 days on all internet purchases here in Sweden, so I think I simply test it.

When I work with dual screens it is mostly for programming and the possibility to have Eclipse C++ editor open in full screen on both monitors, so probably nothing that is fast at all 😊

BR, /Jan

PS. And maybe it will work better if I have one monitor via the dock, and the other via the usual HDMI-port. I will do some testing when I get it…

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JFern45, If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JFern45,

If you have further questions, please contact us back.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos