Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20637 Discussions

Doom 2016 Freezes Before Menu With HD Graphics 4600

RRafa
Beginner

The game stop responding without a crash log.

The game loads 99% after the intro and then stops responding, at what i think is the menu sometimes(i can only read "Campaign" written as it freezes so i'm not really sure).

The screen becomes useless and I'm not even able to close the game, forcing me to restart after trying.

Although the graphics don't work, i can still hear audio output from the Menu screen track. Which means it's clearly a GPU problem.

I'm currently running the game on a Windows 10 with the latest Beta Driver v4474.

Attached my intel information dump from graphics properties.

Also, i'll be more than glad to provide you with any other information you need. Even test options if need be. I just need a definitive answer that it'll work in the next 12 days, because if my graphics card isn't supported i can still refund.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AZaba
Novice

I have to confirm that the game loads the menu screen with this driver version: 20.19.15.4501

This driver was installed by the Windows Update service on my Windows 10 64 bits (v 1607 - C 14393.321)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Please fill out the following form /thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues

This game was reported as working with driver version 4501, I recommend opening a new thread with this issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos
TRY74BOX
Beginner

I play solitaire and my laptop crashes everytime, graphics card intel 4600

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@TRY74BOX This is a thread from 2016.   Start a new thread for yourself.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
AlienWareNooby420

I thought this wasn't a support forum, you pick and choose who you help ? Maybe he should contact doom support forums ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Responding to a six-year old thread is not helping anyone.   And, yes, try the doom forum.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

And when you start that new thread, fill us in on the version of the graphics driver that you are running. Better yet, give us a full report on the driver set that you have installed. Download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos