Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Doom eternal (2021 update) - Best graphics driver ?

AtomeCrochu
Beginner

Dear intel engineers and community,

This question will concern the GPDWinMax (Intel Iris plus - W10).

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for the work you provide on supporting these integrated graphics. While updating is sometimes a leap of faith, when chosen right, drivers are really efficients (9316 for Death Stranding is awesome, same goes for 8141 for RPCS3).

Sadly, it appears DOOM eternal is no longer playable in 2021, particle effects aren't handled anymore (everything set to low). While 2020 drivers (sorry, can't find version anymore) made the game fully playable, with random crashes every 20 minutes on average.

Is there somebody here who knows what is the best graphical driver to play DOOM eternal ?

Regards

A.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AtomeCrochu, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that this init is a highly customized device, which means that our generic drivers may not work properly. I recommend you to keep your system up to date with the drivers provided by the manufacturer because these drivers are customized to work perfectly with your unit.

You can check the drivers at the following link:

- https://www.gpd.hk/gpdwinmax2021

If the drivers do not work as wanted, try to get in contact with the manufacturer to report the issue. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos