Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21094 Discussions

Downgrade my driver version

CSand5
Novice

Hi i just bought this new laptop about two weeks ago and updated it to windows 10. I tried to install and play a game i had on my old computer but it didn't work. After som googling I found out that others had the same problem playing on windows 10 and had dowgraded their driver version.

I have driver version 10.18.15.4256, the graphic driver is intel HD graphics 5500 and processor is intel core i5 5200U.

I tried to download and install older versions for intel hd graphics 5500 but when I try it says my computer doesn't have the minimun requirements.

So, can I have a link to older driver versions that work on my computer and a guide on how to install it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CSand5
Novice

Thank you for your response! That one worked to install, but I'm interested in some of the older versions that is for win7,8,8.1. Is it possible to install them, and if so, how do I do it? I just get a message sayin 'computer dont fulfill the minimum requirements' when trying to...

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

if you download the zip version of the driver you can install it with device manager by clicking update driver and selecting browse computer then selecting driver from list and selecting the driver version you want

0 Kudos
CSand5
Novice

Hmm yes i tried to do so, but when i did that and choosed an older version the computer said 'the newest and best versions for the computer is already installet' with no alternativs to install them anyway...

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Did you mange to go through the entire installation? Usually, the manual installation method will bypass any installation restriction.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm Graphics Drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 7*

Allan.

0 Kudos