Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20662 Discussions

Downloading Chipset and it always fails but isn't updated to latest version

DDani13
Beginner

I was downloading a Chipset driver but it says that it failed. Don't say It is updated to the latest version because it's not. It is like 1.0.1.1 or something idk but it was under the latest version. So to fix this problem I tried to install an old PCI graphics card (NOTE: I did not have a graphics card) But that did not solve the problem. Do I need a PCI-E graphics card, will that solve the problem. My old Dell didn't even recognize the PCI card but I put it into a PCI card slot. So I have a PCI-E card slot and decided to salvage an old Compaq graphics card from a Compaq. It didn't work. So do I need a PCI-E card to update these drivers. Look at the pictures for proof idk. [Reply ASAP]

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ICanFixIt?,

I am going to help you with the installation of the chipset driver, so please provide me with your computer model and chipset model.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DDani13
Beginner

hi my model number is 0KP561 and my chipset is P35/G33/G31

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Please bear in mind that your chipset model does not support Windows® 10, the chipset driver will not install in your system. My recommendation is to stick with fully supported operating system for drivers availability, see here for the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DDani13
Beginner

Well can't I just install a new chipset on the new motherboard or something?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My recommendation in your case is to install a supported operating system, this way you will be able to get all the driver for your motherboard.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DDani13
Beginner

Please tell me what operating system my motherboard is ok with. I dont know how please tell me

0 Kudos
DDani13
Beginner

can i just somehow install a new chipset onto the motherboard ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not really, the chipset it's built into the motherboard, there is no way to update it. At this stage, you can stick with the supported operating systems or get a new motherboard that is compatible with Windows® 10.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos