Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20783 Discussions

Driver 31.0.101.5186 or Installation of 31.0.101.5186 Rev.C

Patxin10
Beginner

Hi there. I have a question. I have version 31.0.101.5186 as the Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics driver on an HP laptop. It is the version that came installed when I bought it five months ago. In the last month I have had 2 episodes where the screen has gone black for a few seconds. These episodes have been recorded in the Graphic Adapter events list (as can be seen in the image that accompanies this text) with dates of May 12 and 21. I have thought that perhaps this will be solved and it will not happen more times if I install a new version of the driver, version 31.0.101.5186 Rev.C, which appears in the list of possible updates from the HP manufacturer for my laptop (Windows 11 version 23H2 (64 bits). Do you think that if I install it, the screen will stop going black? Do you recommend that I install it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TylerZach900
Novice

Hi Updating your graphics driver could be resolve this issue, as newer versions often include bug fixes and improvements. but, before proceeding with the update, I suggest checking the release notes or changelog for the new driver version to see if it addresses any issues similar to yours. And, it's a good idea to create a system restore point before installing the update, just in case you encounter any unexpected issues. If you're unsure about updating the driver yourself, you could also reach out to HP support for assistance or guidance.

Tyler

0 Kudos
Patxin10
Beginner

Many thanks Tyler. I will try it

best regards.

0 Kudos
TylerZach900
Novice

cool! feel free to take your time as much time as you need

Tyler

0 Kudos