Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Driver identification issue

idata
Employee

I am trying to locate drivers for a device Windows XP calls "82801DBM LPC Interface Controller - 24CC"

The Intel driver indentification utility will not download and run on this system, and the Intel search for drivers returns a nil result.

Other searches have lead me to Intel Chipset Driver 7.2.2.1006 which does not work. It appears to be for a different chipset as the readme file lists 955X/XM/975X/945G/P/PL/GM/PM/GMS/940GML/E7230/E8501.

Can anyone please help by pointing me to a download location for 82801?

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Which board is it?

Have you tried to disable the infra red from the bios? If it is available of course.

http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-4449

Let me know the vendor and device id from the device manager.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

idata
Employee

Thanks Rajiv

I can see I was a little off track here.

Bios does not allow IR disabling, but a little research on the device (ACPI\SMCF030\4&32D50C2&0) showed it to be IR.

And yes, I had downloaded the drivers but not associated them with IR.

Thanks for the lead,

Firebrick

idata
Employee

Hello,

This does not seem to be an Intel component. You forgot to mention which board are you using?

For Intel (R) Desktop board, the IR driver is called Winbond. It can be downloaded from the download page for the board dp45sg. The IR driver works only on Vista/7.

For your information:

One more thing, there is another thing which is called Intel (R) Quick Resume Technology which is present on some intel desktop board. If you have such a board, you may need to disable this from the bios. It works only on Windows Media Center.

Intel® Quick Resume Technology

Intel Quick Resume Technology is a requirement for Media Series boards supporting Intel® Viiv™ Technology.

To disable Intel Quick Resume Technology:

1. Enter BIOS Setup by pressing [F2] during boot.
  2. Go to the Power menu.
  3. Set Intel Quick Resume Technology to Disabled.
  4. Exit and save changes [F10].

Keep us posted. Post a screenshot of the device manager with the hardware ids if you ever need any further assistance..

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

/poll.jspa?poll=1129 Voting Poll

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's a Toshiba board, not recent, version AO.

Here are the screen shots as much as I don't like to publicize my errors.

Now that the problem is fixed there are no yellow alerts, which was what I had where it now shows infra red

I went to the properties tabs which only gave me a location problem - the Intel 82801 chip.

Instead, I should have gone to the Details tab which gives the manufacturer and device details. A quick Google search showed me that the problem device was IR, and that in turn lead me to Toshiba's drivers.

I only hope my mistake helps someone else.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for the information. It may be helpful to other community users.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

/poll.jspa?poll=1129 Voting Poll

0 Kudos