Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21068 Discussions

Driver keeps reverting back to old version

SWils8
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Intel HD 4600 graphics driver. Ever since I updated to Windows 10 it has been giving me a lot of issues. It all started when I was playing World of Warcraft and my game kept freezing and an error message would say that the graphics driver has stopped working. I downloaded the update utility and updated my driver. Seemed to be working fine.

Except its not. It keeps reverting back to 10.18.15.4252 instead of the new one 15.33.38.4252. I keep downloading, installing and restarting my computer. But when i check to see if its up to date its back to the original version. I don't know if its Windows causing it, it keeps downing an Intel update as well, right after I try and update it myself. I'm not sure how to stop it, doesn't appear to have a option to not download it, just does it.

It is very very frustrating. The whole computer is only a few months old, so it is not an issue of out of date products. Help please

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Zellyne,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Have you tried installing this Beta driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Regards!

Ivan

0 Kudos