Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ideabrush
Beginner

Error from ig9icd32.dll on calling OpenGL gl.UseProgram()

I'm the author of the app Expresii. I found that error occurs when I try to export an artwork snapshot from Expresii when on Intel GPUs. Please see attached report for details. The error occurs on machines like Surface Book 2 or Surface Pro 7 i7. It doesn't happen on AMD or Nvidia CPU's, so it seems to me it's Intel-specific.  Please let me know if you need more information from me. Thanks for your attention!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello ideabrush

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information to identify the possible cause. Please share with us the following:

• Which Intel® processors did you test with the software?
  • Which graphics drivers did you try?
  • Does this happen only on laptops or does it also happen on desktop systems?
  • Did you test both the OEM and Intel drivers?
  • Do you get the same problem with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

ideabrush
Beginner

• Which Intel® processors did you test with the software?

i7-8650U & i7-1065G7 CPUs as found in Surface Book 2 and Surface Pro 7 respectively.

• Which graphics drivers did you try?

For the Surface Book 2:
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
Intel graphics driver version 26.20.100.7639
NVIDIA driver 451.67

• Does this happen only on laptops or does it also happen on desktop systems?

On desktop too. In my last message I only mentioned Surface Book 2 and Surface Pro 7 because I think those are common devices without the doubt on the possibilities in components on desktops.

Info of my desktop:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU 
RAM 8 GB
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600; GL 4.3.0 - driver version 20.19.15.4531

Exporting snapshot the second time (like on the Surface Book 2, it takes a second time for the error to occur, as mentioned in the attached .docx in my last message), it gives me error:

ideabrush_0-1614390331634.png

The error is a little different from the one I get using Surface Book 2, but it's still an access violation coming from an intel DLL: ig75icd64.dll

After this error, the Expresii app would crash and quit itself.

• Did you test both the OEM and Intel drivers?

I used the little app "Intel driver & Support Assistant" and it says my driver is up to date. Clicking on the "Check for Driver Update" directs me to the URL "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html":

ideabrush_1-1614390572895.pngideabrush_2-1614390601707.png

From the above screenshot, it seems I've installed one that was downloaded from intel website for my Surface book 2. I also have the Surface Pro 7 i7, and it also gives the error. It was newly acquired and I'm sure I didn't install any Intel driver downloaded from the intel website. 

• Do you get the same problem with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how to get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter active safely. I just googled and it looks like this software-only driver only supports very basic OpenGL (1.1?). Expresii requires OpenGL 3.0 so it probably won't run Expresii anyway.

FYI, I have Expresii users also reporting getting error when exporting snapshots with alpha channel, so it seems the error is quite common on various Intel processors (including at least on my side UHD 620 GPU of an 8th gen i7, Iris Plus GPU of an 10th gen i7, HD4600 GPU from an 4th gen i5). 

Thanks for attention, David.

David_G_Intel

Hello ideabrush

Thank you for the details provided, we will do some testing on our side. As soon as we finish the testing process, we will post the updates on this thread.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

ideabrush
Beginner

Much appreciated, David.