Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20661 Discussions

Extended Desktop - problem with scaling

JZide
Beginner

Hello,

I have problem with scaling.

My HW: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 (intel HD 3000), ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3, LG 29um65 (21:9, 2560x1080). Windows 7 Pro

On LCD I enabled PBP (Picture By Picture), connect DP and DVI from dock to LCD and in Intel Graphics Control Panel setup custom resolution 1280x1080/60Hz and Scaling = Maintain Display Scaling. One half is OK, on second is "bluish screen with red flickering". Problem is gone, if I change scaling for second Display to Scale Full Screen. But I think, that text on second screen is little blurred.

I try Display Driver 9.17.10.3347 from Lenovo (date 8/11/2014) and last Intel Driver 15.28.24.64.4229 (date 6/5/2015). Same problem.

Is it HW or SW problem?

Thanks,

Zivan

2x Maintain Display Scaling:

First Maintain Display Scaling, second Scale Full Screen:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Zivan, are you using straight cables (DP-DP, DVI-DVI) or adapters?

Is the monitor model properly identified in Device Manager? If not, you will need to get a monitor driver from LG*.

Can you test again without the docking station?

You may want to contact Lenovo* for additional assistance.

0 Kudos
JZide
Beginner

One straight (single link DVI->DVI), one not (DP->HDMI). I'll try to get DP->DP cable, DVI->HDMI and try different combinations.

Yes, monitor is identified properly. Driver from LG installed.

0 Kudos
JZide
Beginner

Another cable looks like a solution. I replaced straight DVI cable with DVI->HDMI adapter + HDMI cable and screen OK. Strange, but at least verified that it is not a driver issue. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos