Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20692 Discussions

Extremely mad with auto dim nonsense inspiron 15 7000 series Intel® HD Graphics 4400

EANDR3
Beginner

Extremely mad with auto dim nonsense inspiron 15 7000 series Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Wasted 2 days fixing garbage.

services adaptive brightness disabled

power options all, all no dim, no adaptive OFF

intel settings....

garbage

returning back your garbage laptop and refund

"dell intelligent display" and auto dims, "adaptive brightness" inventor or programmer must be shot and then hanged

nothing works, if window is dark then everything goes dimmer.

cannot watch movies, web pages, anything

who invented this **** ?

But it is not Dell's fault I think, it is INTEL's... I am having a laptop with 3000 intel, and it works fine.

Intel 4000 GPU sucks badly!

Even when BIOS or pre boot starts up intel gpu dims screen and second later brightens up back,

ooh I see black or dark background, oh yes, I ll do favor for my user and dim down screen even I am not asked for it, because I am sooo smart and intelligent, I l ll save 0.001 Watts of electricity for my user and and prolonger screen life for 1 nano second, oh yess, I am so clever and smart, am I?

and my GF, she likes shiny things, wanted to give her a present she likes, but nooooo, it is going to be hard,,, was this close

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your unit.

From our side we can provide the graphics driver for your computer. You can download it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers

if you are still having problems. I recommend you trying disabling the service for this technology or contacting the computer manufacture for further instructions or configurations.

0 Kudos
EANDR3
Beginner
0 Kudos