Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Firefox white screen or paricular sites are white + Message: "Display Drivers has stopped responding and recovered. Display Driver Intel HD Graphic Driver for Windows 10 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

MRich7
Beginner

Hello Community,

Hello Intel,

I have an Intel HD Graphics 520 and installed the newest Intel Driver 15.40.14.4352.

Sometimes, when I open Firefox 43.0.2, i have a white screen or particular sites are white.

When i put the mouse pointer about the sites or leave Firefox in background and take Firefox to foreground, the screen is ok, but it occur again and again...

The hardware acceleration in Firefox is enabled.

Today i have again the problem with the message "Display Drivers has stopped responding and recovered. Display Driver Intel HD Graphic Driver for Windows 10 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

This occur when i browse on Websites with Firefox.

Please, see the attachments!

Please help and I hope you find soon an resolution. Thanks for a short answer!

Regards,

sukramr84

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, sukramr84:

Please fill out the following form , make sure to follow closely all the instructions in order to investigate this matter.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MRich7
Beginner

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When I open Firefox 43.0.2, i have a white screen or particular sites are white.

When i put the mouse pointer about the sites or leave Firefox in background and take Firefox to foreground, the screen is ok, but it occur again and again...

The hardware acceleration in Firefox is enabled.

Sometimes i have again the problem with the message "Display Drivers has stopped responding and recovered. Display Driver Intel HD Graphic Driver for Windows 10 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." This message occur when i browse on Websites with Firefox.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Every single time, Firefox white screen or particular sites are white 75 - 80 %

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series 5559

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

switchable, AMD Radeon R5 M335

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Both (LFP and EFP)

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GB RAM

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

No.

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

see the attachments.

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 10 64-Bit (10...

0 Kudos
MRich7
Beginner

Hello again,

Here my short supplement:

If i disabled the "Hardware Acceleration" in Firefox the problem don`t occur.

I think it is a problem with interaction between the Intel Graphics Driver and the "Hardware Acceleration" from Firefox.

But this is only a workaround for me but no resolution.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

At this stage this issue is under investigation, no further details have been provided yet, I would recommend to check https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software for further driver releases.

Regards.

0 Kudos
PSchl1
Beginner

Any news here? Having similar issues with latest drivers.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, All:

Thank you for your patience.

This issue "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered" has been replicated, and Intel is working to get this issue fixed. I do not have an estimate time of resolution yet, but you can check the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software for future driver releases.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos