Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Freeze with Intel Graphics 3000

idata
Employee

Hello everyone.

I have this configuration:

Processor: Intel 2500K

Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Pro4

I have 1 monitor and 1 TV. The monitor is plugged into HDMI port. The TV is plugged into DVI port.

My problem is that at random (almost every time I watch videos) the system freezes for more or less 30 seconds (mouse and keyboard). After that I can continue with my stuff.

I tried the old drivers but it gave me the problem "No Display after loading Windows 7". Now I'm using the last available drivers.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance for every answer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

is your motherboard Bios up to date ? the lasted version is 1.20.

Go to bios menu Advanced and set...

primary Adapter = iGFX

share memory = select Highest MB

iGPU Multi-Monitor = enable

Render Standby and Deep Render = enable

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes...Bios is up to date.

And all the option are enabled (with 1024 MB as "share memory").ò

I made a few test and I realized that the problem is only when I choose the "clone mode" (win+P).

The system don't let me choose my monitor as primary output. Even if I choose the monitor, when I do "win+P" and select "Just Computer", I can see only with my TV.

I tried choosing "Just projector" and in this way I can see with my monitor. In this in this case it seems there are no problems, but I would like to set "clone mode" all the time (like I use to do on my old PC).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

have you tested with your TV on HDMI and your Display with DVI connect ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My current cable is too short to try. I'll buy a longer one and I will try in a few days

0 Kudos