Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

G43/45 Graphics Issue

idata
Employee

Once I install the Intel drivers for this build's Asus motherboard (packed with mobo, and then latest available from site), the DVI out apparently is dropped in favor of the VGA out. I cannot find a way around this. The VGA is not required, yet I am being forced to use it. Please, any help at all is appreciated. Also, if anyone can point me in the direction of actually getting help from Intel directly, that would be greatly appreciated as they are shirking their responsibility to paying customers.

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Unfortunately, Intel directly won't be able to help you with this as it is not an Intel motherboard, it is an Asus board so you should contact Asus. I know it is an Intel component, but it is an OEM component so as soon as it is sold to an OEM company then it is up to them to provide you support so "as they are shirking their responsibility to paying customers." is not true.

Could you explain in a bit more detail what happened and what OS and drivers you are using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your response. Actually the responsibility "shirking" I was referring too does apply. Do you think there was some association with my problem that intel filtered to have me on these forums? There wasn't. If I had an intel only product, I would still be here, and there in lies the problem.

In reality, this DVI Disabling feature only applies after I install intel's graphic drivers. Regardless, The build has been completely and given to the customer. If these sort of issues prevail I will no longer be producing builds with intel integrated graphics. Clearly it is an inferior product.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

The O/P needs to be using Asus provided drivers if the Intel ones pose a problem. I have an Intel provided motherboard (DG45ID) which has no such problem - bacause it doesn't have a VGA port. This proves that although OEMs may use the chips Intel sells them for their own motherboards, they also sometimes modify their hardware away from reference designs (or at least as Intel use the chips). Intel cannot (and should not) be held responsible for that. In this case as Asus made the profit through the sale of the motherboard, it is they who should provide the updated drivers to suit it.

The O/P needs to be using Asus provided drivers if the Intel ones pose a problem. I have an Intel provided motherboard (DG45ID) which has no such problem - bacause it doesn't have a VGA port. This proves that although OEMs may use the chips Intel sells them for their own motherboards, they also sometimes modify their hardware away from reference designs (or at least as Intel use the chips). Intel cannot (and should not) be held responsible for that. In this case as Asus made the profit through the sale of the motherboard, it is they who should provide the updated drivers to suit it.