Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

GMA935 cannot change aspect ratio - black borders while playing on fullscreen

FPere13
Beginner

Hi.

I have a little problem with aspect ratio with my computer when i play fullscreen games. Black borders are showed on the sides.

( doesn't happens with gma drivers from Windows 7 DVD)

it happens when i use resolutions below the optimal (below 1280x800). somethimes it get fixed temporaly by forcing close svchost.exe service in taskmgr.

i tried to edit aspect ratio settings on intel gma control panel but changes aren't saved (intel gma for mobile doesn't save settings). i also tried to look for an entry on registry but i dont know which one control aspect ratio.

so... what will i do to fix this problem?. this happened after i reinstalled windows 7 Ultimate sp1 and reinstalled intel gma 935 drivers for windows 7 64bits from dell website (here is the link where i found my drivers: https://www.dell.com/support/home/ar/es/arbsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-1318/drivers Soporte para Inspiron 1318 | Controladores y descargas | Dell Argentina )

Driver Revision: 15.12.75.2.64.1867

August 13, 2009

-

when i had other computer, with intel hd graphics i had same problem, but with intel hd control panel, settings was saved but now, with intel gma control panel, settings aren't saved.

and i'm running under an administrator account... so what should i do? is disturbing playing games with black borders on the sides

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/128044 francoperez. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Firstly, I would like to mention that since this product has reached its end of interactive support, there are limited documentation and drivers for it.

From Intel's side, there are no generic drivers for this graphics controller, The only drivers available are the ones provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

In addition, I can see that this system came with Windows* Vista installed. If you are using a different and not supported Operating System on your laptop, the performance results may vary.

In this case, I strongly recommend getting in touch with DELL* Support so they can provide you with more information, troubleshooting steps, and drivers.

Antony S.
FPere13
Beginner

Thanks for the response. Yes, i know that my computer came with Windows Vista installed but also is supported to use Windows 7 64bits. My drivers are provided by DELL for Windows 7 from official website.

I will try to contact them. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos