Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20752 Discussions

Games keep losing focus and Monitor loses signal

AAlex22
Beginner

Hello. I joined to Intel community as the last place where I can get help with the issue that started to happen to my PC since this evening. But first here is my desktop PC:

CPU: i7 4770k

MotherBoard: MSI Z87-G43

RAM Kingston 1866Hz

PSU Seasonic S12 650W

Monitor AOC 2757FM connected via HDMI (1920x1080)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

At this moment I'm using integrated GPU that comes with my processor (HD 4600) and everything was fine till this evening. Due weak GPU power I play all games in non-native resolution (1280x720) to get stable 60 fps. The only one game that I play is Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First sine. Today I started noticing when I randomly launch game in fullscreen mode (720p against 1080p) it automatically kicks me back to desktop. Game is not crashing or giving error. Screen goes black like it normally does when you return to full screen game, but something happen and you return back to desktop. Sometime I need 2-3 tried to return back to the game, sometimes it returns immediately. Same happens when I return to my desktop using alt-tab when I already in game. Sometimes I can return back just fine. Sometimes I need to try 2-3-4 times before I succeed. When that happened for the first time of course I panicked.

First what I tried was clean start where only Windows services, but that didn't helped.

I've tried uninstalling drivers in safe mode and installing againt and that didn't helped either. Tried using drivers from MSI website and Intel site, but got the same effect - still kicks me out.

But few hours ago I noticed that my issues is more serious than you might think. I couldn't return to the game for like 20 seconds, it kept kicking me and then suddenly monitor switching to full black screen with bouncing message "noinputsupport" or something like that without any gaps. It wasn't windows error. It was like when you get "no signal", but my error was bouncing on the screen. The only way to return back to Windows was switching to HDMI via OSD menu or turning off / turning on monitor back. I had this issue 3 or 4 times already.

So I'm thinking everything is more serious than just software bug.

This issues started from nowhere. I can swear that everything was fine this morning. But in the evening everything started acting up.

Its either my monitor is dying or some hardware error or idk.

Intel community is the last place I can go asking for help. Unfortunately I don't have a second 1080p monitor and I don't know anyone with it. So I can't borrow and test...

Games I have tested: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and GTA V. Both are DX11 and in 1280x720 resolution.

I tried to put graphic card gtx 1070 and it seems I don't have any issues with it. Or perhaps I tested not long enough? Either I wasn't been able to detect any issues in GTX 1070, while I had issues on Intel Graphics and I'm looking for advice to fix it.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AlexOgar,

I would like to gather more information in regard to your system in order to address this issue, so please provide me with the following report https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility. Once done attach the report. I would also, like to know your cable brand and model.

I recommend setting your game as the following https://gameplay.intel.com/GamesSettings/8570/75123/Intel%C2%AE%20Core%E2%84%A2%20i7-4770K%20Processor%20(8M%20Cache,%20up%20to%203.90%20GHz) Games Settings.

One thing you could try is to check if this behavior is present in your BIOS screen, enter your BIOS and just leave it there and see what happens.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AAlex22
Beginner

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I don't have this issue in BIOS. or at least I haven't been able to reproduce it.

I don't know what cable brand do I have. It was shipped with monitor AOC i2757fm

Here is the file you are asking: https://gist.github.com/b557062fa86095c8a644edf021771350 10000.xml · GitHub

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We can start with the cable, normally the cables provided by the monitor manufacturers are standard quality. So, for your graphics controller you will need a HDMI 1.4 cable.

Try updating your Intel® HD Graphics version to this version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36], this is the latest version for Windows 7. Use this method in order to ensure the installation http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AAlex22
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

1) I have the latest version of the driver. The exact same that you linked me from May 13, 2016.

2) I have tried 3 different cables: two different HDMI and one VGA cable. I don't think this is cable issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Based on your report, you have version 10.18.14.4206 installed. The version provided above is 15.36.31.4414(the last four digits indicate the version), please make sure that you have .4414 installed, if you go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to double check the version installed?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos