Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20749 Discussions

Glitching intel graphic UHD

firasfadhl
Beginner

Hi,

I had my Omen laptop for two months and I have encountered various glitches related to my Intel graphics card, which have been significantly impacting my user experience.

These glitches include but are not limited to Flickering ,RGB Splits, Banding,etc..

I updated my intel graphics card and i'm still having the same issues.

I kindly request that you investigate these issues thoroughly and provide me with a comprehensive solution as soon as possible. Additionally, if there are any specific steps or diagnostics that you require from my end to assist in resolving the problem, please do not hesitate to let me know.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello firasfadhl, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

I just want to confirm, does the flickering issue also occurs in the BIOS? When using an external display, is the flickering still occurring as well? The reason I ask is because I want to check for possible hardware issues before proceeding with the troubleshooting. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
firasfadhl
Beginner
As i don't use external monitors, I can't tell if the flickering is related to that. Neither does it occur in BIOS. There is not really a pattern or logic to it. It starts quite randomly while using the PC, however mostly while watching youtube.
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello firasfadhl,

Thank you for sharing this details. Upon checking your logs, I noticed you are using our generic drivers. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. I did check your logs and noticed you are using our generic drivers. Since you are using an OEM, we highly recommend using the drivers recommend by your manufacturer. I did some research and found it for you. Kindly please install the following drivers:

Let us know if the flickering still occurs after doing step. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello firasfadhl,

How is everything in your system so far? Did our recommendation worked for you? I will be waiting for your reply. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello firasfadhl,

I hope that the glitches do not occur anymore in your system. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed with closing this thread. Should you need further assistance, please create a new post, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
firasfadhl
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. The issue persists. I was working with the laptop by downgrading the display resolution to 1920x1080, and it was functioning normally. A few days ago, I installed the drivers you mentioned, and I also performed the latest update for Windows 11 23H2. However, when I reverted the display resolution back to 2560x1440, the glitching reappeared.

I also noticed that when the glitch occurs, if I switch to the Nvidia card only and then go back to the Intel's UHD graphics card or Optimus, the glitch disappears for a while. (I'm keeping mine set to 'Automatic Select' always because I want to reserve my Nvidia VRAM for slightly heavy AI inference tasks while allowing Intel's graphics card to handle applications like Chrome and Obsidian....)

0 Kudos