Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Graphic Driver Problem with Windows 10 build 21H2

Dzaky
Beginner

I got this problem after updating the driver and also the Windows OS. My Intel driver version is already the most recent, while my Windows OS is Windows 10 build 21H2. There is no error or BSOD, in the device manager it says "this device working properly". It's just that in the "event log" section it says "device not started (igfx)" as in the photo I gave.

Screenshot (683).pngScreenshot (684).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

It doesn't look as if you have a graphics driver problem now...

The first screenshot shows that the device is working properly... no errors are shown.

What you see on the second screenshot is just a "log" with timestamps... it is just recording the latest events regarding the graphics device. You can see that there are entries for other actions and the scrollbar is long pointing out this is just a list of events..

On all my Intel-base computers I also have those type of entries in device manager... even those entries reading "device not started"... most of the time they happen when updating/installing the driver (I think due to the installation/update process or when the PC needs to be restarted after a driver is installed)...

Actually, if you check the timestamps you may find that the date and time may match the date when an update or installation was done...

If you are only worry about this event and not experience any real problem... I think you can just disregard this and move on...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

megan3000
Valued Contributor I

It doesn't look as if you have a graphics driver problem now...

The first screenshot shows that the device is working properly... no errors are shown.

What you see on the second screenshot is just a "log" with timestamps... it is just recording the latest events regarding the graphics device. You can see that there are entries for other actions and the scrollbar is long pointing out this is just a list of events..

On all my Intel-base computers I also have those type of entries in device manager... even those entries reading "device not started"... most of the time they happen when updating/installing the driver (I think due to the installation/update process or when the PC needs to be restarted after a driver is installed)...

Actually, if you check the timestamps you may find that the date and time may match the date when an update or installation was done...

If you are only worry about this event and not experience any real problem... I think you can just disregard this and move on...

0 Kudos
Rahul0
Novice

Please help because "none" of the OpenGL programs (Blender, Paraview, etc.) are running, they are all crashing on startup. Even 3D rendering programs are crashing. There are errors while compiling code in Jupyter-lab, Jupyter-notebook.

Everytime intel HD graphics 630 is installed via windows update or otherwise, my windows crashes. 

Then I disabled intel graphics through safe mode from device manager to remove windows crashing issue and it worked, but the application error still remains. 

Please help me, I have attached the report as suggested in above comment

0 Kudos