Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20776 Discussions

Graphic artifacts w/ Intel G45 Chipset (Windows 7)

idata
Employee

Hey all.

I've been having this problem for a while now. I am using a Dell Studio 1537 laptop running a Intel Series 4 (G45), which I purchased on December 2008. I've been getting horizontal lines/artifacts on my screen ever since I upgraded to Windows 7.

I first upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and was told that the problem was the upgrade, as it couldve left unwanted files behind that could mess up the computer. I recently have done a clean install of WIndows 7 and the problems are still there. I have double-checked and all of my drivers are up date (Windows drivers, Dell drivers, Intel drivers, software drivers, etc.) This leads me to the assumption that my Graphics hardware is at fault. I've tried things such as disabling Aero and changing the resolution, but those don't work. I have taken some screenshots of the problem:

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

I have the exact same problem.

I'm using an Acer Travelmate 8571 Timeline with 4500 chipset. I've installed the latest drivers and also get horizontal lines/artifacts.

If I use the standard VGA Win 7 drivers, the graphics are fine (no artifacts, but slow, no shaders, etc), though as soon as I install an intel driver, the artifacts return.

Please provide us some help, because working on this machine with those drivers is impossible as is, and working without isnt a real solution, either.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Tohle je problém, který maji notebooky s 3 GB ram a zapnutou virtualizací CPU... Je to chyba od výrobce, pomůže buď velmi starý ovladač, nebo odstranění 1 GB ram, nebo použít pouze párové ram moduly. 1 x 1 Gb nebo 2x2 GB. Sry za angličtinu - google překladač.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with a Dell Latitude E4200 (GM45) under Windows 7 (32 & 64 bits). Some people reported the problem comes from the amount of RAM. You need to have the same amount of RAM on each slot. Unfortunately my Dell E4200 has 1GB soldered on the mainboard and 2GB on expansion slot.

Could we get a feedback from Intel staff? It's a very annoying issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

*bump*

This bug is also present without Aero (the frame of the windows keeps the same position while I move the windows, very annoying). Please release a patch!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

*bump*

0 Kudos