Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Graphic card causes display errors/diagonal lines

TNguy125
Beginner

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (68).png

Hello!

I don't know how to describe this problem, but I have issues with my display. I was able to temporarily solve it by disabling the Intel HD Graphics 5500 card on my Acer laptop, but I can't adjust the brightness of my screen anymore and connecting my laptop to my TV via an HDMI cable doesn't work anymore.

I tried updating it, but it is the most recent one.

Please tell me if you need more information! I'm more than happy to provide them for you.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello TNguy125, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Please, let us know the following: When did the issue start? Computer model Build version of the operating system installed Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TNguy125
Beginner

Hello!

The issue started around the beginning of July 2018. My laptop model is Acer Aspire E5-771G.about.PNG

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thank you. Make sure you are running the latest Windows 10 updates. Run Windows updates and apply any changes available. Then, try with this driver https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_10.18.15.4248_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635735802814510590&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-771G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27 Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technïcian Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TNguy125
Beginner

6.PNGhi, there was an error message when i tried to install the driver

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
That driver is the version provided by your computer manufacturer. You should be able to install the version without any errors, but since this is not the case I recommend you to contact Acer support for them to help you installing this driver. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos