Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphics Driver Problem

ajuds
Beginner

I downloaded Autocads 3ds Max and on start up was advised to update my Graphics Driver which I did. Intel Graphics Media Driver. I'm using Windows 7. I am now unable to duplicate my monitor display to a large screen TV. (using USP to VGA link) Tried options displayed in Intel driver properties but unable to select anything but single monitor. Prior to updating the driver, all worked well except that i had to lower the screen resolution setting. How do I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, alvanjudson:

Intel always recommend to use straight connections, USB adapter are not supported from our end. Have you tried with straight connections?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ajuds
Beginner

Hmm. I did mention that prior to updating the driver, all worked well except that i had to lower the screen resolution setting. Any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Could you please provided us with the following;

• Computer model.
  • Driver version installed. Go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.
  • CPU model.
  • Autocad version.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ajuds
Beginner

Thanks, Amy. I finally solved the problem by deleting the Intel Graphics Accelerator displayed in my devices management (even though it was described as operating satisfactorily and had no yellow flag) and then downloaded Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver, Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 zip version 15.17.19.64.2869.

After that download, installation and reboot I was able to adjust the screen resolution and to duplicate the displays to suit the LCD television.

Appreciate your help.

Alvan Judson

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Alvan, thank you for sharing your outcome. I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos