Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20660 Discussions

Graphics Driver

Jacquelyn13
Beginner
I have a Dell Inc. Inspiron 7373, BIOS Version 1.25.0, Model 0XW4HD, Version A00, running on Microsoft 11. It has been experiencing an issue where whenever I am watching a video, the video and audio glitch for a second. The sound becomes distorted and the video lags, before returning to normal. This will usually happen a couple of times during an episode of a show for example. I used the troubleshooter to find issues, I Googled the issue for other ideas and followed several steps to try to remedy the problem, including making sure the drivers were up to date. However, whatever I did now causes a new issue. Every day my computer tells me the Intel® 6th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows needs an update. I don't know if I changed a setting to rollback to a previous version every day? I can't seem to make it stop. The support assist says the installation is always successful. Should I just try to retrace my steps and undo any changes I made? Or is there a setting I need to change? Thank you in advance. 
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jacquelyn13,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your laptop.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. Does the issue happens with the drivers from Dell or only with the ones from Intel?

3. Is this issue recent? When did it start?

4. Is the issue present with an external monitor?

5. Have you run all the Windows optional updates?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jacquelyn13, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jacquelyn13
Beginner

My computer has stopped updating every day, so that problem has been solved. I think a recent windows update helped. My computer still has the audio/visual glitch. I will answer your questions below. 

1. Dell Inc. Inspiron 7373, BIOS Version 1.25.0, Model 0XW4HD, Version A00, running on Microsoft 11, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz

2. N/A

3. The updating issue has been solved, but the audio/visual glitch started happening sometime in the last three months. 

4. When I connect my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable the glitch still occurs. It only happens when using the speaker, not with headphones. 

5. Yes, I have run all optional updates. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jacquelyn13, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Before we continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. What is the graphics driver version installed?

2. Can you take a short video where we can see the issue?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jacquelyn13
Beginner

1. Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 Version 31.0.101.2115 from November 16, 2022. 

2. I have attached a short video clip of the glitch. You can see the video lag and the audio becomes distorted.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jacquelyn13, 

Thanks for the video. Before I proceed to investigate this issue, I would like to confirm the following:

1. As a test, try a clean install of the graphics driver:

2. Is your speaker wired or wireless? What is teh model of your speaker?

3. Can you try a different speaker?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jacquelyn13
Beginner

1. I installed a clean version of the graphics driver following those instructions. The glitch is still there. 

2. I am not using an external speaker, it's just my laptop's internal speaker. 

3. I connected a Bluetooth speaker to my laptop and did not notice any glitches. This makes me think it may be a hardware issue rather than a driver or software issue. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jacquelyn13, 

Thanks for the confirmation. As you mentioned, if the operating system, driver, and BIOS are up to date this may be related to a hardware issue.

I recommend you check this issue with the laptop manufacturer so they can run a hardware diagnosis.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos