Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20835 Discussions

Graphics HD 3000 problem with the last driver

idata
Employee

Hello. I have a windows 8 PRO laptop with i5 processor and Intel HD Graphics 3000, I have the driver version 9.17.10.2875 and my screen flashes at every instant. Please help to solve this problem because so far I have been very satisfied with your products and always recommend them.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

After installing the driver, can you check the color settings for me please? Ctrl + Alt + F12 to get into the Intel® Graphics Control Panel -> Monitor/TV Settings. Check the Video Gain and make sure it isn't set to be all-red (Red/Blue/Green should be maxed out on the slider).

Also, check the settings on your monitor and make sure they don't have an erroneous configuration for some reason as well.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nic,

I tried to open it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F12, but nothing happened or responded. I took a screenshot of my red screen and saved it. I restored an older version, and the picture is normal. So I don't see the red on the screenshot!

Kind regards,

Laurens

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

You can also get into the Intel® Graphics Control Panel by right clicking the desktop and selecting "Graphics Properties". Follow the rest of the steps and you should be able to see it. The redness wouldn't be something effecting the desktop (when I was talking about getting a picture earlier, I meant a picture taken of your monitor, lol!) - sounds like your display itself is being told by our driver to display completely red.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nic,

After the 6th time of installing and uninstalling it, I finally don't have a red screen. But now there is a warning saying ..

"The catalist control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the displays manager."

Probably you know more about this than I do, since I'm not a computer genious..

Seems I'm running from one problem into another...!

Kind regards,

Laurens

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, when I open catalist control, it says I have the latest version.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Ah! It didn't show up in the DxDiag report, but it appears that your system has a 2nd Display Adaptor - an AMD* graphics card. Your OEM has this driver listed for it; http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5226347# N650 Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv7-6c80eb Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

Check under Driver - Graphics for the AMD* driver.

Install that, and see if your issues are remedied. Some laptops (performance/gaming) are designed with both the integrated graphics provided by Intel®, as well as a second card specifically for handing graphics applications (mostly, games). The drivers need to be updated on both to ensure best performance. Catalyst* is software that works with AMD* & NVidia* graphics products.

To sum it up, you need an updated Intel® driver, an updated AMD* driver, and possibly an updated Catalyst* driver. You'll need to get the last 2 from your OEM or the AMD* website - I would recommend contacting your OEM for assistance with those though, since we don't support them directly.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hey Nic,

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't make sense to me why someone would put 2 different 'brands' in 1 laptop but doesn't matter now. I just updated the AMD one and sticked to the original driver for the intel. The game doesn't crash now, which is already good enough for me.

Thanks again for helping me!

kind regards,

Laurens

0 Kudos