Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21101 Discussions

HD 530 black screen and flicker - also in BIOS

AAnde7
Beginner

I also have the same issue with black screen and flickering with the HD 530, as numerous others. This is not my video, but a good illustration on the symptoms:

In this video the user boots the OS right away, but I have the same problems even without the OS (in fact not any drives at all). There is a lot of discussion on trying to solve this with OS-drivers. However, as this also happens in BIOS it seems as this is not related to the OS-drivers at all. All I have to do is to enter BIOS, and then just click on menu items or random scrolling, and the screen will randomly turn blank from 2-8 seconds - and occasionally it will stay blank and I will have to reboot to get the picture back. If I try to boot a Windows 7 installation disk from USB, I will also get the vertical stripes when displaying the first progress bar ("Windows is loading files..."), and I suspect this also is before the drivers are loaded.

Based on this I cannot understand how OS-drivers could resolve an issue that happens before the OS is even loaded.

Here are the (most relevant) components:

CPU: i7 6700K (no OC)

MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 PC25600/3200MHz CL14 (tried both default 1.2V/2133MHz and 1.35/3200MHz using XMP)

PSU: Corsair AX760

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, qdos:

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the graphics in your Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor.

I would like to gather some information from your system to better assist you on this.

1. Please fill out the form here /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

2. Provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility report.

How to get that report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

qdos:

I was checking this thread and I would like to know if there is any update regarding the information requested previously.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
AAnde7
Beginner

Sorry for the late response. I upgraded the FW for the MB from 0801 to 1701, and no issues after this. Might not be a scientific approach, but kind of shows that the OS-drivers were not related to this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am glad to hear that this has been fixed with the firmware update!

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos