Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD 530 can't set 800x480 resolution

sk4
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to set a lower resolution than 800x600 and it seems I can't do it neither through Intel's HD Control Panel nor through third party tools.

Has anyone successfully resolved this issue? I have a tiny 7" screen and it's its native resolution.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello sk4,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 530.  

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your monitor or TV, if you have one?

2. Were you able to set this resolution before on this computer?

3. Were you able to set this resolution with a different computer and the same monitor/TV?

4. Are you using straight connections or adapters?

5. What type of connection are you using (DP, HDMI, VGA, DVI)?

6. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello sk4,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
sk4
Beginner

Hi,

I gave up. I can set 800x480 resolution on an nvidia card, but not with HD530. It doesn't allow vertical resolutions lower than 600px, event if entered manually in the control panel, it leaves black bars on top.

Thank you for trying to help and figure it out 🧸

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello sk4, 

Thanks for your response. If you are using a laptop, bear in mind that the manufacturer can add and block features of the components that they use on their computers. I recommend you to check with the manufacturer to confirm for restrictions or limitations and to make sure that you are using the drivers approved by them.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos