Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Diskussionen

HD Graphics 4600: 2nd monitor was working. Now shows flash then not detected post-boot

llee
Einsteiger
4.912Aufrufe

Windows 7 (64 bit) w/ service pack 1

HP Envy 700-327

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Dual Monitors: 1st on VGA, 2nd of DVI

Background: Added a 2nd monitor about a week ago. Difficult to get Windows 7 to detect it at first. Worked after forcing an update to the Generic PnP Monitor driver. Today, when I brought it out of sleep mode the 2nd monitor would not come on.

1) Both monitors show HP and Window's flashes on system boot-up. Therefor power and video signals can get to 2nd monitor.

2) Post Windows boot-up, the 2nd monitor cycles through it's VGA, HDMI, and DVI ports. No signal is found.

3) Multiple restarts and hard shutdowns do not fix the problem.

4) Generic PnP Monitor driver is said to be up to date. 6/21/2006, v6.1.7600.16385

5) Have attempted to update driver to the Intel HD Graphics 4600. Said to be up to date. 11/18/2014, v10.18.14.4029.

5b) Tried to use Intel's v15.36.31.4414 dated 5/13/2016 but install program said it was not compatible with my system??

6) Have attempted to detect the 2nd monitor via Control Panel -> -> Screen Resolution. 2nd monitor not detected.

7) Have attempted to select Multiple Displays from the Intel Graphics Control Panel. Stuck in Single Display mode.

😎 Monitors are/were running in their native resolution settings.

9) When the 2nd monitor replaces the first using the VGA port it works fine. Updated the graphics diver. Can't run this was becasue the 1st monitor only as a VGA port. Per # 2 above the 2nd monitor as VGA, HDMI, and DVI.

0 Kudos
6 Antworten
llee
Einsteiger
3.781Aufrufe

Some progress!

1) Uninstalled the Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver from the Device manager window.

2) The HP computer then auto rebooted in a low resolution mode.

3) Both monitors came up and worked just fine (in low resolution mode)!!

4) Used the Device Manager window to reinstalled the Intel HD Graphics 4600 diver. Not certain if the PC went out to web and got a new driver or copied from a version on the PC...

5) Set-back: The 2nd monitor showed the HP and Windows flashes during boot but then went black post-boot.

6) Similar notes as above: 2nd monitor scans its VGA, HDMI, and DVI ports and finds no signal...

7) The Intel driver is at 11/18/2014 v10.18.14.4029. See screen capture below.

😎 I previously tried to update this driver to a newer version from Intel's web site but encountered a not compatible error. Will try again.

9) Any advice on the Intel drivers would also be appreciated. I have a similar help request on the Intel Community site but no replies as of now.

10) Based on my system: Windows 7, 64-bit (see screen capture below), I should be able to download a newer driver *.exe from 5/13/16 (see screen capture)

11) Downloaded Win64_153631.4414.exe and received the error in the two screen captures immediately below:

12) Which driver should I be using if not this one?

llee
Einsteiger
3.781Aufrufe

I then downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility v2.6. It scanned my PC and wanted to installed the same driver I had already tried (see screen capture). I let it make the attempt since it only takes about 3 min to re-re-re-download it for a 3rd time!

Re-start required now!!

idata
Mitarbeiter
3.781Aufrufe

Hi leeoien,

I suggest you the troubleshooting below:

First: Uninstall and delete the current graphics driver from device manager then, restart the system.

Download the latest Chipset, Management Engine and Graphics driver version 4256 from Hewlett Packard and install them with the same order.

Drivers for HP ENVY 700-327c Desktop PC

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619/model/6988376# Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

Pre-build systems have customized drivers from their manufacturer, so our generic drivers rarely work as executable applications.

Regards,

Mike C
llee
Einsteiger
3.781Aufrufe

I tried the above solution, concerned about getting into updating the chipset, etc. When all was said and done the second monitor still work during the flash / boot-up phase then loose the signal. The graphics driver was 1 year older than the original. Used Device manager's driver update and updated the driver back to 11/18/2014 (same as before).

The second monitor started working right away. The next morning, "Groundhog's Day" the when the PC came out of standby the whole problem started over again... exactly where I was when this whole thing started.

The graphics driver is capable of driving both monitors. Something (driver, Windows, or other) is not allowing the second monitor to turn back on...

idata
Mitarbeiter
3.781Aufrufe

Hi leeoien, Could you please send me the current graphics driver version and BIOS version? Also, please confirm if you are getting the issue only after sleep mode (standby) or you are getting the issue after restart too.

Regards,Mike C
idata
Mitarbeiter
3.781Aufrufe

Hi leeoien,

I am following you case. Let me know if you are still having Dual monitor issues.

If yes, try with our last graphics driver 4414 using the manual installation method.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* v. 4414

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496

Steps:

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep the file on the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed

Try to narrow down the issue, do a test with only the second monitor, using both video ports of the computer and cables.

Mike C

Antworten