Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD2000 on Windows 8.1 Multi-monitor issue

RChew1
Beginner

Hi there,

I am using an Intel Core i5-2400 on the ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 board.

I am currently running the following set-up:

- Main monitor on Radeon HD5850

- Secondary monitor on Intel HD2000

However, after upgrading to Windows 8.1, I cannot get the secondary monitor to initialise. In device manager, I see an exclamation mark next to the driver. Tried reinstalling drivers etc but to no avail.

The only way I can get this to work is to go to BIOS and enable onboard graphics as the main display adapter. However, this workaround causes other issues for my main monitor.

Everything was working fine under Windows 8.

Is there any way this issue will be solved in a future update? BTW, it doesn't seem that there's any official Windows 8.1 driver for the HD2000/3000 series. Pretty disappointing since this was the top-of-the-line just two years ago...

Thanks!

Regards,

Reuben

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

The Intel(R) Z68 Express chipset requires a special software to be able to support switchable graphics configurations, in which you can benefit from the features on the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 while using the monitors connected to a video card.

In this case, the configuration is supported while using the monitors to one single video adapters and a software bypasses the processing between the two video controllers. having one monitor physically connected to each video adapter is not the way how this is designed and certified to work.

In the other hand, drivers for this video controller are only provided by the operating system itself and it would be updated through Microsoft* updates. In this case, if you would like to test a driver update then check with Microsoft* or through Windows* updates at:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en Microsoft Windows Update

0 Kudos