Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20775 Discussions

HD4600 clone cursor in top left corner when activating quicksync

idata
Employee

I'm trying to use quicksync with obs (open broadcast software). But whenever i go to screen settings (through right click on the desktop) and detect monitors, select monitor on hd4600, select try to connect to vga anyway & lastly, extend desktop. I get a secondary cursor in the top left corner which doesn't move, but changes state with the main cursor.

The main gfx is a gtx770 & hd4600 is only for quicksync.

I've tried almost every solution i've been able to find.

One suggest installing an older driver version, another reinstalling nvidia drivers.

I've tried earlier release, latest release & beta release & after installing and rebooting the nvidia driver would fail and recover. I'd then clean reinstall the nvidia drivers as suggested by one. But it does not help. Every time i change from "show on desktop 1" to "extend desktop" i'll get the clone cursor, but only in extended mode, which is needed for quicksync to work, so it's not an option not to use extended desktop.

I've noticed there's quite a few with this problem on the obs forum, this forum and other forums as well.

win7x64

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
idata
Employee

I think the problem is the driver, not that the driver is not working per se, but that the developers didn't implement the function for being used as a secondary adapter very well. And maybe that's why there's so many experiencing all sorts of different issues when trying to use quicksync.

If we think about it logically, it is highly unlikely that quicksync was ever meant to be used while being the primary adapter, as that would never work. It's simply not powerful enough to handle that unless you're playing pacman, tetris or minesweeper.

But it feels like the developers forgot that, and created the drivers without the focus on working as a secondary adapter to be used only for quicksync.

There's several examples where people had to reinstall their entire OS to get it to work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just as a note, installing the latest HD driver as of today did not fix the problem.

0 Kudos