Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

HD610 resolution stuck to HD

DLock2
Beginner

I have a problem with the HD610 display...

I'm using a Nec PA271W display, whose native resolution is 2560 x 1440, with Display Port and Dual-Link DVI inputs.

The motherboard I'm using is an Asrock Z270 Pro 4, with DVI & HDMI outputs, that hosts a Pentium G4560T (HD Graphics 610).

I can't use the DVI output, which is limited to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz.

Therefore, I use the HDMI output, which can display 4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz and 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz.

To do so, I use a HDMI/DVI adaptor which is 4K compatible.

In the graphic settings, I could indeed set 2560 x 1440 @ 33 Hz as a customized resolution. An error occurs with further frequencies. Still, I don't know how to apply this 33Hz setting ; it just appears listed as a customized resolution, that can't be chosen...

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

HD610: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We will do our best to try to assist you with this matter.

In this case, the thing is that due to the fact that you are using a HDMI to DVI adapter, the PC will limit the resolutions to that DVI port, meaning that it will support up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz only. The best thing to do at this point, if you have the option of course, will be to get a HDMI to Display port adapter, that way you should be able to set the resolution needed.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

HD610: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We will do our best to try to assist you with this matter.

In this case, the thing is that due to the fact that you are using a HDMI to DVI adapter, the PC will limit the resolutions to that DVI port, meaning that it will support up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz only. The best thing to do at this point, if you have the option of course, will be to get a HDMI to Display port adapter, that way you should be able to set the resolution needed.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HD610: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
DLock2
Beginner

Sure.

I couldn't test the HDMI to DP adapter, as it's not so cheap...

So, I will finally keep the low definition for a while...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HD610: Thank you very much for letting us know those updates. We completely understand your point, and yes, at this point to keep the low definition will be the best thing to do for a while.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos