Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

HD630 causing graphic issue in Edge Browser and Win10 Desktop

IRoth
Beginner

Hello!

Just got a new gaming notebook equipped with:

i7-7700HQ with INTEL HD630+nvidia 1050ti

The notebook also has a dedicated graphics card, nvidia GTX1050 Ti.

Nvidia driver is set to automatically choose which graphics adapter to use (optimus).

Windows 10 installed INTEL HD graphics driver version 21.20.16.4534.

Description of the issue:

I am launching Microsoft Edge Browser . Everything is normal at this point.

Now I want to open the browser settings by clicking the "3-dot" button on the top right corner.

The menu opens normal.

Now I am clicking on settings and the problem begins.

First the browser toolbar is blanked out. And if i e.g. switch to another open application or open the start menu the windows start flashing. Sometimes also the explorer crashes.

When I close edge everything is fine again.

I tried to reinstall Edge but not luck. Described issue persists.

Now I uninstalled the installed INTEL HD graphics driver. Directly after the uninstallation finished. The system uses a microsoft standard driver.

I tried again in edge and I have no issues. Settings menue is displayed and not graphical issues on the desktop etc..

The system automatically reinstall INTEL HD driver 21.20.16.4534. Again check edge, same problem, desktop graphical errors with windows flashing and edge not displaying the settings menue.

I already tried to install the current available INTEL HD drivers version 21.20.16.4664. But that did not fix the problem.

Tried using only the nvidia graphics but as long as the Intel HD drivers are installed I have the same above described issues in edge.

There are not many gaming notebooks available that support nvidia optimus, mostly they have the integrated graphics disabled. Guess, I understand why 😞

Any ideas ? For me it looks like a a drives issue with Windows 10 Creators Update.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi, iroxter,Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities.

Could you please provide the specific model of the laptop?

The problem happens just with the Edge browser?

Remember that the Intel graphics drivers are generic, which means they may or may not work with your system, that is why we recommend to use the drivers provided by the manufacturer, did you try to install their drivers already?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

IRoth
Beginner

Hi!

Thank your for the info.

I really tried to download the manufacturers driver but at the moment there is only an asian mirror with extreme low bandwidth (~25kb/s) and unstable connection.

Thats why I tried the INTEL generic drivers.

However at least the problem mentioned in this thread has been solved since todays Windows 10 Update (KB4016871).

I am still having issue that color settings are not reset after restart of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
IRoth
Beginner

Happy I found a fix for the problem.

The notebook has 2 Display Ports. The one connected to is a DP Rev 1.4 port. I plugged the monitor in the other port and it everything works right now.

I wound the 1.4 port seems to be somehow hardwired to the nvidia chip because modification of vibrance was possible with nvidia panel but not saved. Maybe...

Now this means ths additional 1.4 port is useless for me. But as I only need 1 ext. Monitor connect I can live with that.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

iroxter, Thank you very much for sharing that information and those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that everything is working fine now. In order to get more information about the DP 1.4 port being somehow hardwired to the nvidia card, the best thing to do will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the notebook, since they build it they will be able to provide more details or even warranty assistance on the device if necessary

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos