Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20786 Discussions

HDMI Audio Drops when Receiver Turns Off

MK20
Beginner

I have an Asus H87M-E motherboard. 4th Gen Intel HD 4600 iGPU on i4670K chip.

I installed both the latest drivers from the Asus site and the Intel site. In both cases, the HDMI audio device goes yellow after turning off the receiver or projector and turning it back on. Effectively losing all audio.

I have seen this posted several different places and I have yet to see a response from Intel.

This is a compelte show stopper for all HTPC users.

Intel ,what is the fix?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
HH4
Novice

This appears to be the latest, but the issue still happens to me.

0 Kudos
MK20
Beginner

this means hd audio driver 3129. right? that is what I am showing in the device manager.
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

In fact the latest graphics driver version 3345 comes with the Audio Driver version 3129. The workaround is the following:

1. You access the Dxdiag report and under the sound devices for the HD audio should be the same version than appears under the readme driver file.

In the case that the audio driver in the dxdiag report is not the same than the one from the Read me file from the driver will be necessary to install the latest audio driver. So basically the easiest way to do this is installing the latest audio driver provided by the computer manufacturer.

Besides this workaround, I recommend to check for bios updates for the system or firmware updates for the 3rd party.

0 Kudos
CWinf1
Novice

I have this same issue, detailed on another link:

I have been in touch with the motherboard manufacturer (Gigabyte) who recognise the problem and state that: "It is related to Intel driver not detecting hot plug monitor with audio function."

This seems a pretty basic issue that nearly all HDMI hardware manufacturers manage to deal with - i.e. not breaking if the HDMI cable is unplugged.

More ideas/fixes please Intel! 

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ThinkSta,

I recommend you checking the steps provided above on this thread. Also, I recommend you to continue with the thread you have opened and Silvia is working on it.

0 Kudos