Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20661 Discussions

HDMI problem on Windows 8 x64

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am using HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15-b020ew on win8 x64 with Intel® Core™ i3 3gen 3217U 1,8 GHz and graphics: nVidia® GeForce GT 630M + Intel® HD Graphics 4000.

I want to connect my computer to my TV (samsung) but via HDMI it doesn't work.

I installed the newest drivers for Intel HD 4000 (2932) but it didn't help.

It seemed to work for a while just after installing new drivers, but right afer disconnecting the HDMI and trying to connect it again I have the same problem. HDMI cable is not the problem because it works just fine with other computers.

Please help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

Hi Dominik,

Since your laptop comes with switchable graphics then the generic graphics driver we have in our website will not work fine. The laptop manufacturer creates a special graphics driver for switchable graphics. I recommend reinstalling the graphics driver they provide. You can use this link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5296234 http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5296234

As an additional troubleshooting step I recommend testing the HDMI port with each graphics card to see if the issue happens with both graphics cards or not.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem, it wasn`t present in Windows8 RC version when Intel finnaly decided to make proper driver support for Core i3 1st gen also. Switching to Windows 8 64 bit brought me to the same problem , the only "fix" till now is to make the TV or whatever you have conected to your HDMI port as Extended Screen, this way i get image on HDMI also, leaving it to Clone only or Single Display over HDMI just sends blank image over it.

0 Kudos