Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

HP Spectre x360 Black Screen after wake from Sleep/Open Lid

AndyMandy
Beginner

Hello, thank you for taking the time to debug this isse with me.

Description

Upon updating to the new windows feature update (22H2) (and having to update my graphics driver in the process due to BSOD while attempting the update), I started to recieve black screens when waking the laptop from sleep or opening the lid from closed.  (These started a few days after the update) Anytime the screen turns off, I get a black screen, and to get picture I need to press the Win+Ctrl+Shift+B graphics driver reset keybinding. This is quite fustrating and I would love to find the issue to the problem.

This has actually occurred in the past, my laptop automatically update the display adapter drivers to a newer version and it did not stop until I rolled back the display adapter driver to the previous version. While I would like to employ the same solution here, I am afraid I may cause an unrecoverable BSOD due to it also happening during the 22H2 update with the old driver.

Hardware

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15t-eb100

This issue only occurs when the Laptop Pannel is the only display.

• While connected via HDMI via extend or duplicate, the laptop pannel and the external pannel work as expected
  • While connected via HDMI via PC screen only, the laptop screen has the same black screen error
  • While connected via HDMI via second screen only, the second screen performs as expected.
  • When unplugging the HDMI cord, the laptop screen requires a driver refresh to display

Software

My current display adapter is: Intel Iris Xe Graphics 30.0.100.9864, I am unable to recall the old version of the working display adapter.

Configurations

The main laptop display is a 15" 4K montior, running at 60Hz.

The issue persists both on AC and DC power (laptop on battery and plugged in)

Thank you for your help! Please see the attachments for the system diagnostic files.

1 Reply
calebchiu
Beginner

Hi Andy,

Were you able to find a long-term solution to this issue? I have an identical laptop with the exact same issue, and it's getting annoying having to constantly restart the graphics driver via keyboard shortcut.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Kudos