Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

HP dc7700, dual display, and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am working with an HP dc770 SFF desktop. I have the computer connected to a projector through a VGA splitter cable. Installed on the desktop is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v6.14.10.5016 (the most recent version). I am trying to right-click on the desktop and select output to > dual-display (like I have on other computers with this driver but different chipsets). When I open the "graphics properties" there is an option for "Operating Mode" and it is set to "Single Display". This is a drop-down menu with no other options other than single display. The "Display Select" option says [1] Primary Device and it is set to "Monitor". Well, I want TWO devices and the option to have the projector on and desktop monitor off, the projector off and the desktop monitor on, and most importantly the option to have them both ON.

I have read the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver FAQ and I have no found a solution.

Thank you,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

The Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator and Intel® HD Graphics support two active displays running on Clone or Extended mode.

However this is only supported when using two separate and physical video ports, not when using VGA splitters or similar cables. These kind of adapters will prevent the system from detecting the monitors connected, which most of the times results on only one monitor working through that cable.

In this case you would need to use an ADD2 card to add more video ports to your system, or use an external video card with more than one video output (keep in mind that using an add in video card will disable the integrated graphics).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

The Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator and Intel® HD Graphics support two active displays running on Clone or Extended mode.

However this is only supported when using two separate and physical video ports, not when using VGA splitters or similar cables. These kind of adapters will prevent the system from detecting the monitors connected, which most of the times results on only one monitor working through that cable.

In this case you would need to use an ADD2 card to add more video ports to your system, or use an external video card with more than one video output (keep in mind that using an add in video card will disable the integrated graphics).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Diego_Intel. You are correct. I appreciate your prompt and well-explained response.

0 Kudos