Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20726 Discussions

Having Trouble of installing the latest Intel graphics driver on laptop.

dd11
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble installing the latest Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics on my laptop. Every time i try to install, during the installation an error pops up. It says "The setup program failed to install one or more device drivers. Setup will exit." What i'm trying to install is "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (exe)" version 15.22.58.64.2993 which is the latest version, but every time i try to install it i get the error. So then i try installing the previous version 15.22.57.64.2827, but i still get the error.

So far i've tried to solve this error by disabling signature verification on windows and also tried installing the driver in Windows Test Mode, i still get the error.

So does anyone know solution to this error?

Thank you,

Whoamomma.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi whoamomma2,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your system but let me help you.

I would like to verify some more information about your system. Can you please post the dxdiag report here?

0 Kudos
dd11
Beginner

Here's the DxDiag report Kevin.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

What is the make and model of your laptop? Also, what OS are you using? Also, did you try the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel Driver Update Utility to find the correct driver?

0 Kudos
dd11
Beginner

The make and model of laptop: HP ProBook 4320s

Yes, i've tried the intel driver update utility to find the correct driver.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Could you try uninstalling the current graphics driver, reboot and then install the latest driver here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22520&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers Download Center .

0 Kudos
dd11
Beginner

After uninstalling the current graphics driver, rebooting and installing the latest driver, i was able to install the latest driver without any error.

Anyways, do you know why i was getting the error in the first place when i tried to install the latest graphics driver?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

It is possible you had a HP customized driver on your laptop . When an OEM installs a customized driver, it will block the installation of generic drivers. Keep in mind that with the generic driver you loose whatever customizations HP added to their driver. Usually customizations are for things like screen brightness settings, power management, resolutions supported, and various other things specific to your laptop. If you loose any functionality with the generic version you can always download the latest from the HP support site to restore the customizations.

0 Kudos