Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Having rendering glitches when in-game [HD 5000]

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a problem with my Intel HD 5000,

I have a moving band going from up to down over and over, causing a bit of flickering, but only when I am in-game (CS:GO).

But there is more, these bands causes glitches so I can see through some walls, through smokes and skyboxes. So it isn't just image defect (Display related issue).

That is literally unplayable, this glitch gets me very uncomfortable, and with the latter it can be considered that the issue gives me unfair advantage (cheating).

- With VSYNC on issue is gone, but I just can't play with it, because I have a noticeable input lag.

- Also, accidentally, I found out that when I change system's speaker volume (on Windows 10), with the volume slider/bar on display the glitch is gone, but then I have an input lag like VSYNC is on.

- I tried out different drivers, nothing has helped, though the first time I had this problem I alt-tabbed (minimized) the game, went to Device manager and rolled back the old driver and it worked. But only till next reboot.

I managed to FIX IT! I installed really old Intel HD drivers, that came with Boot Camp USB. Build # 3496 dated 2014

The only rational explanation to me, that my chip, i7-4650u is slowly dying, because I game on MacBook Air that has not the best cooling system.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

If you are an Intel employee and you need more info, such as video off the screen or some debug info I would glad to help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

macbook-i7-4650u: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. Perfect, excellent, thank you very much also for providing those details and sharing the solution with all the peers in our communities. We are sure that information will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos