Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20911 Discussions

Help needed regarding new Graphics Cards!

NKohr
Beginner

Is there a website, process or anything I can do to find out if I can upgrade my graphics card? I play Steam games and Minecraft and ever since I downloaded Steam, Minecraft's performance has dropped dramatically. I'd like to start playing other games as well but, I am afraid my laptop won't be able to handle it. I have been using this batch file to start minecraft: javaw -Xmx4096m -Xms2048m -jar "C:\Users\Noah\Downloads\Minecraft.exe". I don't know if that will help but, I am sure this will... (some of my system specs)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

System Model: 300E4A/300E5A/300E7A/3430EA/3530EA

BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore-Tiano(tm) NB Version 2.1 03QA

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6058MB RAM

Page File: 3194MB used, 8918MB available

Windows Dir: C:\windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PS: I apologize if this is in the wrong category, although I am pretty sure it is. Also, if anything I posted can reveal information that could be used against me, it would be nice if an administrator were to remove this post and message me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Kohrt,

It is very important to mention that we as Intel®, provide the hardware to the system manufacturer and they will design the software for their computers.

I am afraid to say that the internal processor components cannot be upgraded due to the design. At the moment, the only possibility to upgrade the Graphics controller in your computer is by changing the processor itself.

Since we provide the hardware to the system manufacturers, they are able to set limitations on their computers so it is very important and necessary for you to contact Samsung so they can provide the processor compatible list for your unit.

0 Kudos