I'm trying to figure out how to set the refresh rate of my external monitor to 144 Hz. All options that I see are 59p and 60p and nothing else.
The monitor supports 144Hz at 2560x1440 resolution and is connected to my laptop with Intel HD 620 graphics via HDMI 2.0 with more than 18 Gbs bandwith.
The Intel Control Panel for Intel Graphics won't allow me to change it manually even though it says that one of the supported mode is as I mentioned before: 2560x1440 at 144 Hz.
I hope there is a solution for it.
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.
1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)
- Intel® SSU Download link
- Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
- Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".
Please generate the following report with the monitor connected:
Intel® Graphics Command Center report.
- Open Intel® Graphics Command Center.
- Click on support.
- Click on the tab System Diagnostic.
- Generate report.
- Save the file.
- Upload the file to the thread.
- What is the model of the monitor?
- How is the monitor connected? is it straight connected with a single cable that has the same connection type in both ends? is there any adapter in the middle?
- Are you using an HDMI cable 2.0 certified?
Intel Customer Support Technician