Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21170 Discussions

How to install iGPU properly

filosov
Beginner

Hi. I have ASUS ROG Strix G18 notebook, with "NVidia RTX 4080" GPU and "INTEL 13980HX" CPU. How to install properly iGPU of my cpu properly? when im installing drivers i cant see Intel Graphics Control Panel in my desktops context menu. And i cant understand which iGPU driver should i install?  Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For laptops, you should install the driver provided by your manufacturer (Asus, in this case). Look in their online support pages specific to your laptop model.
You will never see an entry for a Control Panel for modern Intel Graphics solutions. Microsoft has requested that this not be done by driver developers. Apps like this should follow Microsoft's Modern GUI model and thus release through the Microsoft App. Store. Intel's app will automatically be installed on the first reboot after installing the driver package.
Hope this helps,
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For laptops, you should install the driver provided by your manufacturer (Asus, in this case). Look in their online support pages specific to your laptop model.
You will never see an entry for a Control Panel for modern Intel Graphics solutions. Microsoft has requested that this not be done by driver developers. Apps like this should follow Microsoft's Modern GUI model and thus release through the Microsoft App. Store. Intel's app will automatically be installed on the first reboot after installing the driver package.
Hope this helps,
...S

0 Kudos