Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

How to reset Intel Display Driver to factory defaults

MWayn
Beginner

Hi all. I have an Optiplex 3010 system with Windows 10 installed. (Came with 7 but I upgraded in the free upgrade period). It has integrated Intel Graphics, and I would like to reset all settings to Factory defaults as part of troubleshooting. But when I uninstall the software from Programs and features or directly from the device manager selecting the option to delete the driver, when I reinstall with the software from Dell, or letting Windows install automatically it installs with the settings that it previously had, it never resets. Is there a way to make a Brand new installation deleting automatically all previous settings? Like a Factory reset install? I even used DDU but same thing after reinstall. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

The Intel control panel suggests to press CTRL+ALT+F8

MWayn
Beginner

Thanks for the answer, but I already tried this before posting and didn't worked. For example, before, I had the system tray icon for the Intel Graphics closed, and after uninstall and reinstall, it would still be closed among other settings that would still be the same. I got it fixed my mistake, by unintalling the driver in Programs and Features, and then allowing Windows to install the version it considered. It seems to have all settings at default again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kakaroto777,

I understand you are trying to reset graphics settings to default.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

What are you trying to reset graphics settings for? What is the issue you are having in the computer that is making you reset graphics settings to default?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kakaroto777,

I was wondering if you still need assistance with the graphics settings you are trying to reset to default. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos