Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20833 Discussions

How to set v_sync off @ intel hd 3000? someone? ;)

idata
Employee

HI,

running windows7 on a macbook pro 13,3 i5 with intel hd 3000 graphics.

To play the "oldschool" counterstrike 1.6 i need to turn v_sync off. if v_sync = on, you cant reach 100fps, what i really want to

At all ohter graphiccards i had i turned them off at the driversettings, but in the newest intel hd graphic manager there are only 2 options:

- Applicationcontrolled

- ON

Theres no way to turn it off, anyone got an idea? maybe registry or something tricky? At the game i cant set them off, i need to do it at the Driver.

Hope my english is acceptable.

Best regards

Jan

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

hi there

same here playing Unreal Tournament

in desktop i build a asrock h67-ge with i5 2500k running w7 64 ultimate

problem is to dark screen in UT with open gl.

i can set it brighter ingame but next time i start UT up i have to do it again.

getting 160 fps then

d3d works ok but 60 fps

workaround was always set vsync of in video driver but thats inderdeed not possible

however in the screen shot on this site there should be a open gl setting in the intel graphics contol centre

not i my version of control centre

brant

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It seems to me that i have it off(vsync) by default but i have another problem. Do you have stable 100fps while playing CS 1.6 ? I have core i5 cpu plus HD 3000 and i can't reach stable 100fps when i see 4+ players on screen. It is between 60-90fps. And when HE grenade explodes in front of me it drops down to 30 !!! fps. Do you guys know why? I have the latest drivers...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have exakt the same problem ! 60-90fps in cstrike. especially when grenades explode!

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Is there no v_sync option available inside the ingame menu?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

doesent intel support read the forums ? have you guys tryed live chat support ? i have the same prob.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same here, only with day of defeat... Please Help! Pretty Please

0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

nothing?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

As it has been mentioned on other similar topics, the only two options that the video driver offers are either "On" or "Application settings", so, if you need to set this off, this needs to be done through the game settings.

0 Kudos
imaci
Beginner

Sure, what if there is no option in game settings like in Conter-Strike 1.6?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

In this case it is left to the game developer to provide a option to disable this.

0 Kudos