Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20809 Discussions

How to update inctaudiobus.sys

AravindRK
Beginner
I would like to fix vulnerability for intel smart sound technology on my Lenovo (L13) clients . I try to update the drivers but nothing works . Could any one please give some hint .

Audio driver installed
Intel display Audio 10.27 version and
Synaptic Audio (9.0.285)

My report says intcAudbus.sys file must be updated (current version is 10.27 )
0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select *all* data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
AravindRK
Beginner
0 Kudos
AravindRK
Beginner
  • Please find the report.txt attached
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your BIOS is out of date. You have v1.05 and the latest is v1.32.

Your graphics driver (which also provides the display audio driver) is the latest that Lenovo has released, but is a rather dated version. There are later versions available on Intel's site that may address this vulnerability, but I am unsure that you want to upgrade. With laptops, the vendor will often modify the graphics driver packages to (also) support specific capabilities of the laptop. It is important to use only drivers made available by the laptop vendor.

What 'vulnerability' are you attempting to address?

...S

0 Kudos
AravindRK
Beginner
I try to fix Intel smart Sound Technology Escalation of privilege via local access vulnerability (intel-sa-00354)
Cve: cve-2020-0583
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, ok. You need an updated Intel HD Graphics driver package in order to get an updated version of the Intel Display Audio driver. As I said, however, Lenovo is not presently making any updated versions of this package available. You could go to a newer package downloaded directly from the Intel site but, as I said, there is the possibility that Lenovo has been customizing the package and you would lose these customizations (and potentially introduce instability) if you replace it. You should contact Lenovo and see if they are indeed customizing the package. If so, then they need to provide a new customized package. If they are not customizing, then you can use the newer packages downloadable from Intel.

...S

0 Kudos
AravindRK
Beginner

I updated graphic driver which also updated my audio but these two drivers are not updated. I need to update these files to next version .

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

If I may offer input here, please follow the recommendations from INTEL-SA-00354:

Intel recommends that users of Intel® Smart Sound Technology update to the latest version provided by the system manufacturer that addresses these issues. Please contact Lenovo for the updated version of manufacturer drivers.

Regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos